Privacy statement Geste Groep
This is the privacy statement of Geste Groep B.V., hereinafter also: “Geste Groep”. Look for our contact details at the bottom of this privacy statement under the heading “What if you have questions or complaints?” In this privacy statement we inform you about the use of your personal data (hereinafter also “data”) by Geste Groep and its group companies.
Brief privacy statement Geste Groep
In summary, we collect and process personal data from:
- (prospective) tenants to check their identity and creditworthiness, to enter into and execute rental agreements, to provide service and to comply with legal obligations;
- visitors and residents of the private and commercial real estate owned by Geste Groep, for the protection of property and for the safety of visitors and residents (in the case of access registration and camera surveillance).
Geste Groep does not sell your personal data to other parties. Geste Groep must in some cases share your personal data with other parties for the purposes stated in this statement, such as with brokers, maintenance companies, the Tax Authorities, the municipality and our external suppliers.
What do we use your data for?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- For identification purposes
- For addressing with the correct title
- For assessing financial capacity
- To check whether we want to or can enter into a rental agreement with you
- To verify if you are over the age of 16 and are authorized to enter into a rental agreement with us
- For entering into and executing the lease, including checking your bank account number, collecting the rental fees and accepting notifications about the rented property so that it can be processed
- To comply with legal obligations on us
- To be able to keep our administration
- To be able to communicate with our customers, such as with questions or complaints
- To protect our property and that of others and for the safety of individuals (camera surveillance and visitor registration)
On what grounds (“legal grounds”) is the use of your data based?
We use your data on the following grounds (“legal grounds”):
- Your Consent.
- The data is necessary for the conclusion and / or execution of the agreement that we have with you, or to which you are a party.
- The data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation resting on us.
- The data is necessary for our legitimate interest or that of someone else. It concerns the following “legitimate interests”:
- Our interest in maintaining a (commercial) relationship with our customers.
- Our commercial interest in gaining more insight into our website visitors and our customers, and their wishes.
- To protect our property and that of others and for the safety of persons (camera surveillance and visitor registration).
Are you obliged to provide the data?
Yes, we ask you to provide some information. If you do not want to provide us with this information, we cannot enter into the agreement with you.
We need this information to be able to enter into and execute the agreement with you.
Who do we pass on your data to?
In principle, Geste Groep only uses your data for itself. However, it may be necessary to pass on your data to others in the following cases:
Geste Groep shares the data with the following types of parties:
- ICT companies. Geste Groep uses ICT companies, such as hosting companies, that store and manage the data on behalf of Geste Groep. These ICT companies are located in the Netherlands.
- Estate agents. In the context of a lease agreement, Geste Groep passes on a number of basic data to the broker (s) concerned. The brokers are generally located in the Netherlands.
- Service technicians and / or contractors. If a malfunction of a real estate of Geste Groep is reported that needs to be remedied, Geste Groep will pass on limited data (name, address, contact details) to service technicians and / or contractors. The service technicians and / or contractors only use the data for carrying out the relevant assignment.
- The service technicians and / or contractors are located in the Netherlands.
Bailiffs and lawyers. In legal proceedings or in the context of the collection of rent or other amounts, Geste Groep may be obliged to pass on certain information to our lawyers and / or bailiffs. The lawyers and bailiffs are located in the Netherlands.
- Tax authorities. Geste Groep is obliged to pass on certain data to the tax authorities in connection with the housing benefit.
- Police and justice. In the event of incidents, criminal offenses and violations, Geste Groep may be forced to provide certain information, such as camera images, to the police and / or the Public Prosecution Service.
- Township. Geste Groep is obliged to pass on certain information (your name and starting date of the lease) to the municipality where you live in connection with determining the WOZ value of the immovable property that Geste Groep owns.
Are your data transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
No, we do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area, it is only stored on servers located within the European Economic Area.
Do we receive your data from other parties?
Yes, before entering into a rental agreement, we receive from the broker who mediated your rental agreement your name, address, telephone number and copy of proof of identity, and in some cases also one or more of the following types of personal data: employment contract, salary slip, employer’s statement, study registration certificate , bank account number, warranty statement, landlord statement.
How long do we keep your data?
- Customer details (name and address details, email address, telephone number; and if you are a company: company name, name of contact person, business address, business email address, business telephone number)
As long as you have an agreement or other relationship with us and up to 10 years thereafter.
- Invoice data, transaction data and other financial data
10 years based on the legal fiscal retention obligation.
- Information about credit checks
After signing an agreement or after assessment of a (prospective) tenant, these data will be destroyed.
As long as you have an agreement or other relationship with us and up to 2 years thereafter.
- Information in the administration
As long as you have an agreement or other relationship with us and up to 10 years thereafter.
- ID, employment contract, salary slips, employer’s statements, study registration certificate, warranty statement and landlord statement
As long as you have an agreement with us.
- Camera recordings and visitor registration
As long as necessary for conducting legal proceedings or establishing our rights in legal proceedings. Maximum 4 weeks after the recordings.
- Cookie IDs
Are automatically deleted daily.
What rights do you have?
Under the law, you have at least the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- request a copy and access to your data;
- receive information about the processing of your data;
- have incorrect data corrected;
- to have incomplete data completed, given the purposes for which they are processed;
- have your data deleted;
- have your data “restricted”;
- to object to the use (processing) of your data;
- if you have given permission for the use of your data, to withdraw that permission. The withdrawal then applies to future use of your data;if you have provided the data yourself or if data has been created by you (for example on the basis of your use of our service), and you have given permission for this or the data is necessary for the execution of the agreement, and if the data is sent electronically processed: to receive your data in a structured and commonly used format in machine-readable form and, if technically possible, to have it transferred to another party in this way;
- to file a complain with the competent privacy supervisor (this can be the supervisor in the country of your habitual residence, where you perform your work or where privacy legislation is (allegedly) breached), in the Netherlands this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority .
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details listed under “What if you have any questions or complaints?”
In certain cases we may have the right to refuse your request. In that case, we will explain why we refuse the request. We may no longer be able to execute the agreement with you if we do not have certain information about you, we will explain this.
What if you have questions or complains?
If you have any questions or complaints about the use of your data or about this privacy statement, please contact:
Verrijn Stuartlaan 50
Can we adjust this privacy statement?
Yes. This privacy statement is dated 24-05-2018. We reserve the right to change this privacy statement. If it concerns an important change, we will notify you.
Cookie statement from Geste Groep and group companies
This is the cookie statement of Geste Groep and group companies for the website: www.gestegroep.nl and www.geste-students.nl.
We place cookies on your computer, tablet, smartphone, smartwatch or other device with which you visit our website. Cookies are small text files that are used to communicate with your browser so that the browser recognizes your device.
What types of cookies do we place?
We place the following types of cookies:
- Google Analytical cookies. These are cookies from Google that track visitor statistics and analyze website visits. We only use these to analyze the use of our website and to optimize the user experience. We have entered into a processing agreement with Google, do not let Google use the full IP address and do not share data with Google. We do not use other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.
- Social media plug-in cookies. These are cookies that make it possible for you to share parts of our website on social media. You can view the privacy conditions of the social media sites on those websites.
Below is an overview of the cookies that we place, by whom they are placed, what they are used for, whether the data is shared with third parties and whether we ask permission to place them:
- Google Analytics cookies:
- Cookie: Google Analytics
- Posted by: Google, Inc.
- Used for: tracking visitor statistics and analyzing website visits
- Will the data be shared? Yes, the data is shared with Google, Inc. however, Google may not use the information for its own purposes.
- Do we ask for your permission? No, we have set up Google Analytics in a privacy-friendly manner, so you do not need to ask for permission.
- Facebook cookies:
- Cookie: Facebook Connect and Facebook Impressions
- Posted by: Facebook, Inc.
- Used for: sharing content on Facebook.
- Will the data be shared? The data is shared with Facebook.
- Do you ask for permission? If you are a logged in Facebook user, we do not need to ask for permission to place these cookies, otherwise we will ask permission for the placing of the cookies.
Can you also turn off cookies?
Yes. You can set your internet browser so that (certain) cookies are not placed. The way to do this differs per browser. However, you may not be able to (properly) use certain functionalities of our website.
What if you have any requests, questions or complaints?
Verrijn Stuartlaan 50
Can we adjust this cookie statement?
Yes. This cookie statement is dated 25 May 2018. We reserve the right to amend this cookie statement. If it concerns an important change, we will notify you.